Manometry, ListServ Summary, Dec 2022
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding Manometry. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions
- Does your hospital use manometry as part of PMV assessment?
- Which type of manometer is used?
- Can it be used for patients on trach collar, supplemental o2, and on vent?
- Who is in charge of the manometry portion of the PMV assessment? (SLP, RRT, CRNP?)
- What guidelines do you have in place for the use of manometry with PMV?
- What is the threshold of transtracheal pressures that you adhere to when determining if a patient is a candidate for PMV?
- What is generally a good range to go by?
- Do you have research-based references for transtracheal pressure ranges that you use?
Summary of Responses (De-identified)