Telehealth & Virtual Visits: Strategies for Success in Pediatric Rehabilitation Discussion Call(4/16/20)
The IPRC hosted a discussion call for the Pediatric Rehabilitation community on Thursday, April 16th.
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrust many rehabilitation providers into the world of telehealth long before they were fully prepared to be there.
Topics to Guide Discussion:
- What resources have proven most valuable during virtual sessions? What platforms are you using?
- How have you determined which patients are appropriate for tele-sessions? For which disciplines? Which settings?
- Have you provided any additional staff training for virtual sessions?
- How are you managing provider schedules and expectations?
- How have you accommodated translation for non-English speakers? What resources are available?
- How has your organization dealt with access issues due to lack of technology or resources?
- How are you ensuring and measuring patient/family satisfaction?
- What have you learned from your experience so far providing telehealth encounters?
Discussion Summary (De-identified)
IPRC Members can log in for more detailed information and member resources.
To Join the IPRC, contact Cindi Hobbes, IPRC Director, for more information.