ARFID Programs, ListServ Summary, Feb 2021
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID). IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Does your hospital have a specific ARFID feeding plan/pathway/framework?
- What disciplines are involved with the ARFID population? (ie: nutrition, psychology, GI, child life, internal medicine, OT, SLP)
- Is a “feeding specialist” (either OT or SLP) order placed at time of admission?
- Does the OT assist in establishing feeding plan and strategies? If so, does the OT or another professional adjust plan throughout admission.
- Are any specific standardized measures used with this population?
- During admission, do the patient have a meal time sitter/partner other than parent or family member? If so, did the staff member receive specialized training from the “feeding specialist” for the specific population?
Summary of Responses