Wheelchair Cleaning, ListServ Summary, June 2022
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding wheelchair and stroller cleaning. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Does your department loan wheelchairs for inpatient use (post surgical, post trauma, or if the individual’s adaptive seating is unavailable)?
- What department in your hospital is responsible for cleaning the wheelchair when the inpatient is discharged?
- For a wheelchair that is well used during an inpatient stay, what technique is used to ensure cleanliness before the next patient use?
- Does your hospital use strollers to transport infants?
- What type of infant strollers does your hospital purchase?
- Who is responsible for cleaning the stroller?
- Most generic infant strollers are fabric and the IFU tends to be vague. Do you use any specific procedure to ensure cleanliness of a hospital purchased infant stroller used with inpatient?
Summary of Responses (De-identified)