Networking/Discussion Call – Treating Torticollis
Tuesday, November 19th, 2019
12:15-1:00 pm EST
The IPRC Best Practices Committee invites you to join us as the group discusses ideas, strategies, guidelines, documentation, and current practices regarding treating infants and children with torticollis.
Please come prepared to share.
Policies, Guidelines, and Resources are welcomed.
Topics to Guide Discussion:
- How do you implement the APTA guideline? Are there areas where your organization deviates?
- What trends are you noting for age of onset, diagnosis, treatment?
- What are the key elements in your torticollis evaluation?
- What metrics do you track during the course of treatment? How often do you measure them?
- At what frequency/duration and in which setting are you seeing this population?
- How long is a typical episode of care?
- What are your current practices/trends regarding helmets? Other DME?
- How do you manage motor asymmetry with this population?
- Treating Co-morbidities: Reflux? Muscle Tone Variations? Respiratory Compromise?
- What treatment strategies have you found most helpful with this population?
- What tools/handouts/videos do you use for caregiver education?
- What have you found effective for community education on this topic? Pediatrician education?
This Discussion call is open to all IPRC member organizations and all members of the rehabilitation team. Please invite your colleagues.
For call information/details, please contact us.