Wheelchair clinics, Pediatric ListServ Summary, Nov 2019
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding wheelchair clinics. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Do you have both OT and PT staff in your Wheelchair Clinic?
- If you have both, are they seeing patients together?
- Do your clinicians have ATP or SMS certifications?
- Does a wheelchair vendor come to clinic? More than one vendor? If so, does he/she see the patient in conjunction with the therapist(s)?
- How long are your wheelchair clinic appointments?
- Is there any information you request in advance of the appointment?
- Do you see both inpatients and outpatients in clinic? If just outpatients, how do you manage inpatient wheelchair evals?
- In general, how well does your structure and process for wheelchair clinic work? Anything you would like to do differently?
Summary of Responses