Staffing Models During COVID-19 Discussion Call Summary, Pediatric ListServ, 3/31/20
The IPRC hosted a discussion call for the Pediatric Director’s Forum on Tuesday, March 31st to discussion Staffing Models During COVID-19. Participants shared current practices and strategies for managing the current crisis. Providers also had opportunity to ask questions of one another.
- What staffing models for Clinical Leadership Preservation (physicians, nurse leaders, therapy leads) has your organization developed and implemented due to COVID-19?
- How are you minimizing or staggering possible exposures for therapists, nurses, and physicians? How have you changed your policies and practices?
- How have closures impacted rehabilitation services and continuity of care?
- How are you preparing if staff members on your team become infected or need to care for an ill family member?
- What policies has your organization implemented to allow for time off due to childcare and school closures?
- How are you preparing in the event that rehab resources/personnel are pulled to other departments?