PSF and Therapy Involvement, ListServ Summary, March 2018
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding Therapy Involvement with PSF Surgeries. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Is there preoperative involvement by Physical Therapy (PT) (Evaluation/consult only versus Outpatient Physical Therapy or other)?
- At what time frame do you initiate PT (day 0, day 1….)?
- How many days/treatments do you typically see patients with PSF before you discharge?
- How often a day do you typically see post op PSF?
- Do you have any specific expectations on nursing for the care of patients with PSF related to mobilization?
- Are outpatient services typically recommended post discharge?