Rehab administrators answer questions regarding processes for gym use / patient transport. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
Looking for any standard processes you have established for:
1. Patient Transport to/ from gym – Rehab Aides or patient transport team?
2. How do you identify appropriate patients?
3. Do you require or have your teams write for use of the gym in their plan for the patient?
4. Does your team use the gym on the weekend/holiday/ lower staffing days?
5. If you have moved away from having a Rehab Gym in your hospital – why?