Occupational Therapy in Behavioral Health, Pediatric ListServ Summary, March 2022
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding Occupational Therapy in Behavioral Health. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- How many behavioral health beds do you have?
- How are these beds divided into units?
- How many total units do you staff?
- Do your OTs evaluate all patients on the behavioral health unit?
- Do you have a certain # of FTE’s dedicated to BH?
- What type of interventions do your OT staff provide on the unit (individual and/or group)? a. How often are OT groups conducted on your unit(s)? b. What frequency are individual OT sessions conducted per week?
- Is the frequency/type of intervention based on the clinical judgement of the OT, facility and/or 3rd party payor expectations/requirements, or a combination of factors?
- Do you utilize COTAs on your unit(s)?
- Documentation: a. How are your OT group therapy interventions documented? b. Does your group documentation differ from your individual treatment notes? Where is your group documentation located in the EMR (i.e. Allied Health notes, Unit specific notes, flowsheets, etc.) and what EMR system do you utilize?
Summary of Responses