Newborn Hearing Screenings, Pediatric ListServ Summary, April 2018
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding Newborn Hearing Screenings. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.Original Question:
- Do you contract out your Newborn Hearing Screening program in your NICU and/or for outpatient newborn hearing screenings? I am not referring to any diagnostic audiology work with these infants.
- Which piece do you contract out? NICU or OP? Both?
If you do contract it out:
- Are you satisfied with the services provided by the Newborn Hearing Screening company?
- If you would be willing to share the company that provides your services – either as a part of the reply to be compiled or privately?
If you keep it in-house:
- Does the program work through the Audiology department?
- What is the skill set of the person that runs the program (monitors the state data base, etc.)
- About how much time is dedicated to managing the data base?