Job roles related to IP rehab admissions, List-Serve Summary, Sept 2021
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding job roles related to inpatient rehab admissions. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
We are interested in gathering information on job roles related to inpatient rehab admissions.
- Do you have a role that is responsible for admitting patients into your Rehab unit (ie working with insurance companies, other hospitals for transfers, etc)?
- What is the job title of the role?
- What is skillset of the person in that role? Ie- Nurse, previous therapist, administrative
- Is the role a part of the rehab department or is it part of another department, such as admissions, case management, etc.?
- Is this person/role responsible for quality initiatives/process improvement for the rehab unit? If no, who is?
- Is your rehab unit licensed separately from the hospital?
- Do you have a separate fee structure set up for your rehab unit with insurances?
- Is your Rehab unit CARF accredited?
Summary of Responses