IPRC Networking/Discussion Call Summary – Autism Spectrum Disorder 5/15/18
Sharing Resources & Ideas for Treating Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Tuesday, May 15th, 2018
The IPRC Outcomes & Best Practices Committee held a networking/discussion event to discusses ideas, strategies, evaluation and treatment approaches for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Discussion topics included:
- Outcome measures and evaluation tools used with this population
- Strategies for teaching and assessment
- Therapy Dosing
- Effective treatment approaches (1:1 vs group, specific treatment strategies)
- Teaching and assessment of social skills
- Behavior modification strategies
- Success with ABA vs. social skills and play skills approaches
- Treating children with ASD with other co-morbidities (ex:/ orthopedic conditions)
- Transition to community resources
- Interface between school services and outpatient therapy
Discussion Summary Available for IPRC Members.