Implementing Change in Practice – Discussion Call 10/23/18
Discussion Topic: How do we Implement a Change in Practice?
The IPRC Outcomes & Best Practices Committee hosted a discussion call hosted a networking/discussion event on October 23rd, 2018 to discusses ideas, strategies, and how to implement changes in practices.
Topics for Discussion Included:
- How do you engage staff and colleagues to accept and implement a change in practice?
- How do you “set the stage” for a new practice or a change in practice?
- What strategies are most effective for introducing change?
- What has been effective in making the jump from “knowing” to “doing”?
- What barriers exist to effective, sustained change in practice?
- What formats are best to elicit feedback after a change in practice has been implemented? What frequency do you use?
- How does your organization handle ongoing “continuing education” and mandatory education? How do you ensure that the education is implemented?
- How do you determine and prioritize which initiatives are given resources?
IPRC members may log in to view the discussion summary.
Implementing Change Discussion Summary