Implementing Change in Practice – Discussion Call 10/23/18
Discussion Topic: How do we Implement a Change in Practice?
Tuesday, October 23rd, 12:15-1 pm EDT
The IPRC Outcomes & Best Practices Committee invites you to join us as the group discusses ideas, strategies, and experiences on making a change in clinical practice.
Please come prepared to share.
Topics to Guide Discussion:
- How do you engage staff and colleagues to accept and implement a change in practice?
- How do you “set the stage” for a new practice or a change in practice?
- What strategies are most effective for introducing change?
- What has been effective in making the jump from “knowing” to “doing”?
- What barriers exist to effective, sustained change in practice?
- What formats are best to elicit feedback after a change in practice has been implemented? What frequency do you use?
- How does your organization handle ongoing “continuing education” and mandatory education? How do you ensure that the education is implemented?
- How do you determine and prioritize which initiatives are given resources?
This Discussion call is open to all IPRC Member Organizations. Please invite your colleagues.
Contact IPRC Director for call details.