Discussion Call -Treating Children with Respiratory Compromise
Tuesday, September 17th, 2019
12:15-1:00 pm EDT
The IPRC Best Practices Committee invites you to join us as the group discusses ideas, strategies, policies, and current practices regarding treating children with respiratory compromise.
Please come prepared to share.
Policies, Guidelines, and Resources are welcomed.
Topics to Guide Discussion:
- Does your organization have written policies and protocols in place to guide therapists who are treating children with respiratory compromise?
- What strategies/safety plan do you have in place for treating and transporting children with a tracheostomy, children who are ventilator dependent, or children that require Oxygen?
- Home Care / Early Intervention
- School Setting
- If your organization provides aquatic therapy, do you allow children with trache/vent in the pool? What policies and procedures do you adhere to in order to maintain safety?
- Does therapy staff have special training/competency for managing children with respiratory compromise and their equipment? How often is it completed?
- How does your rehabilitation team interface with the Pulmonary/Respiratory Team? What strategies have you found most effective to facilitate good communication?
- What are your policies and practices regarding pulse oximetry?
- Which members of your team are trained/approved to provide suctioning?
- What is the parent/family/caregiver role in providing care?
This Discussion call is open to all IPRC member organizations and all members of the rehabilitation team. Please invite your colleagues.
For call information/details, please contact us.