Crutch Shortage/Obtainment, ListServ Summary, Nov 2021
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding crutch shortage/obtainment. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Are you experiencing challenges with obtaining crutches/walkers for your patients due to supply shortages and if so, what actions you have/are taking to mitigate this shortage.
- Do you accept donated crutches/walkers?
- What process are you using to clean them before re-issuing?
- Are you replacing the pads first?
- What process are you using to inspect, document, insure good condition before re-issuing them?
- Do you have the families sign any documentation acknowledging that the items has been previously used? Has this been vetted with your legal department?
Summary of Responses