Aquatic Therapy – Discussion/Networking Call – 8/28/18
Aquatic Therapy : Sharing Strategies and Clinical Rationale
The IPRC Outcomes & Best Practices Committee is hosted a networking/discussion event on August 28th, 2018 to discusses ideas, strategies, and clinical rationale for use of Aquatics in the Pediatric Population.
Topics for Discussion Included:
- What population(s) have you experienced the most success with this treatment medium?
- What populations have been been most challenging?
- What is the clinical rationale used for selecting aquatics vs. land based therapy?
- How do you determine frequency for aquatic therapy? What are the determining factors? Strategies used to define an episode of care?
- What special considerations/inclusion/exclusion criterion for aquatic therapy are used at your organization?
- What disciplines hold treatment sessions in the pool? Co-treats? Group sessions?
- In what clinical settings do you hold Aquatic Therapy sessions? (Inpatient, Outpatient, School based, Early Intervention)
- How do you engage family members/caregivers in aquatic therapy sessions?
- Is there any special documentation used for these sessions?
IPRC members may log in to view the discussion summary.