AAC Evaluations, Pediatric ListServ Summary, November 2018
Rehab administrators answer questions regarding AAC Evaluations. IPRC archives information collected by the Pediatric Rehab Administrator’s ListServ as a public service to the entire Pediatric Rehabilitation Community. All information is posted in summary format and has been de-identified. Search through past queries for responses to rehabilitation related questions.
- Does your facility conduct evaluations for augmentative/alternative communication (AAC) devices?
- If yes, which disciplines are involved in the appointment?
- How many AAC evaluations do you schedule each week?
- How long are the evaluation appointments?
- What is your current wait time for an initial evaluation?
- What is the wait time for a follow up appointment (device trials)?
- Are your evaluations set up as individual appointments scattered in the therapist schedules or do you use a clinic or block scheduling format?
- How much paperwork time do your therapists have set aside to complete reports, rental agreements, denials, etc.?
Summary of Responses